Texas Historical Marker: no
- Primary Town: Liberty Hill
- Secondary Town(s): Rock House
- Cemetery Relocated to: Liberty Hill Cemetery
Historic Texas Cemetery Designation: no
- Williamson County Clerk Instrument Number: 188011399 & 191602272
- Williamson Central Appraisal District Property ID: R021907
Relocation Coordinates are: 30.679075 -97.947892 located at 16030 West State Highway 29, Liberty Hill.
WCHCs Vol I, pg 12 per Myreta Matthews 1974:
“This small cemetery was on the home place of Uriah H. Anderson at the community of Rock House. U. H. Anderson himself (1810-1893) was buried there, but grandchildren had the body moved in 1966 or 1967 to the Liberty Hill Cemetery, since Rock House area was to be covered by water from a lake to be formed on the North Gabriel River. The cemetery is on a creek bank.
List prepared by Myreta Matthews, Liberty Hill, February 1974.
U. H. Anderson 1810-1893, (moved to Liberty Hill)
Mrs. T. L. (Biddie) Dycus, Mother of Mrs. O. O. Perry, Grandmother of Floyd Perry, Liberty Hill
Gus Dycus, Father of W. T. Dycus of Liberty Hill”
There is no mention of the two Dycus burials on whether they were moved, too. In 2017, neither of the Dycus’ could be found as buried at Liberty Hill Cemetery.
Per a historical narrative by Clara Stearns Scarbrough, date unknown, “A tiny family plot near the Anderson homestead contained three known burials–U. H. Anderson (1810-1893), Mrs. T. L. (Biddie) Dycus (n.d.), & Gus Dycus (n.d.). The body of Anderson has been moved to Liberty Hill Cemetery by grandsons because of flooding in the family plot by a small creek nearby.”
WCAD: 835 CR 256, Liberty Hill.
To reach the original cemetery site go N Hwy 183 to the intersection of FM 3405. Turn E on FM 3405 to the junction with CR 256. Turn S on CR 256. The cemetery is south of CR 256; north of Anderson Branch North Fork San Gabriel River.
The mapped coordinates are the approximate original site location for historical purposes.
Location is Approximate (1999 Map Information): yes OK 10/4