Historical Markers on Map

Historical Markers

SuperUser Account
/ Categories: Historical Markers

A. W. Sillure House

A. W. Sillure House

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 9338

Year Dedicated:  1990

Marker Size: Medallion & Plate

A. W. Sillure House Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell February 2017

A. W. Sillure House Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell February 2017

A. W. Sillure House Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell February 2017

A. W. Sillure House Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell February 2017

A. W. Sillure House Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell February 2017

A. W. Sillure House Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell February 2017

Marker Text: 

Built in 1912 for Alexander W. and Eva Sillure, this house is representative of the city’s early 20th-century architectural heritage. Sillure, general manager and vice president of the Belford Lumber Company, personally supervised construction of this house and drew the plans for many other homes built by the company in Georgetown. The Sillure House reflects the American Foursquare and Prairie School styles in its full-width porch and broad eaves.     Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1990

Incised in Base:  Restored in 1987 by Hoy and Connie Rogers

Address: 1414 Ash St

Primary City: Georgetown

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: at E 15th St

Latitude: 30.6307
Longitude: -97.6734

Verified Location:  Verified 1/17/2017 & 2/24/2017

Previous Article A. S. Mason House
Next Article A.A. & Mary Spacek House
Print
99