Historical Markers on Map

Historical Markers

SuperUser Account
/ Categories: Historical Markers

A.A. & Mary Spacek House

A. A. & Mary Spacek House

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 12308

Year Dedicated:  1999

Marker Size: Medallion & Plate

A. A. & Mary Spacek House Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell March 2017

A. A. & Mary Spacek House Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell March 2017

A. A. & Mary Spacek House Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell March 2017

A. A. & Mary Spacek House Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell March 2017

Marker Text: 

Designed by architect William Flick, this house was built between 1921 and 1923 for Arnold Adolph (A. A.) Spacek and his wife Mary Julia (Cervenka). A. A. Spacek (1896-1952) was a locally prominent grocer, banker and merchant who also served as postmaster and mayor of Granger. He was closely associated with Governor Dan Moody and a friend of future President Lyndon B. Johnson, who gave him the nickname “Double A.” The house is a modest bungalow with typical Craftsman and Prairie School characteristics, such as the low pitched gable roof and widely overhanging eaves.   Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1999

Address: 204 S Rio Grande

Primary City: Granger

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: none

Longitude: -97.4452
Latitude: 30.716

Verified Location:  Verified 1/27/2017 & 3/1/2017

Previous Article A. W. Sillure House
Next Article A.J. and Carolina Anderson House
Print
104