Historical Markers on Map

Historical Markers

SuperUser Account
/ Categories: Historical Markers

A.J. and Carolina Anderson House

A. J. and Carolina Anderson House

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 12591

Year Dedicated:  2001

Marker Size: Medallion & Plate

A. J. and Carolina Anderson House Photo Courtesy Williamson Museum

A. J. and Carolina Anderson House Photo Courtesy Williamson Museum

A. J. and Carolina Anderson House Photo Courtesy Williamson Museum

A. J. and Carolina Anderson House Photo Courtesy Rebecca Kirby Tyler

A. J. and Carolina Anderson House Photo Courtesy Williamson Museum

A. J. and Carolina Anderson House Photo Courtesy Rebecca Kirby Tyler

 

Marker Text: 

This house was built in 1908-09 for the family of Swedish immigrant Anders Johan Anderson (1858-1929) just after the death of his first wife, Edla Maria (1859-1906). After its completion, Anderson and his two daughters moved into the house from their farm two miles south of Round Rock. In 1912, Anderson married Carolina Lindquist, and the house remained in the Anderson family until 1963. The Folk Victorian structure, with details including fishscale shingles and classical columns, reflects Round Rock’s prosperity and status as a mercantile center for Swedes in the early 20th century.    Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 2001

Address: 602 E Liberty Ave

Primary City: Round Rock

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: none

Latitude: 30.511189
Longitude: -97.673566

Verified Location:  Verified 2/7/2017

Previous Article A.A. & Mary Spacek House
Next Article Adam Laurence
Print
86