Historical Markers on Map

Historical Markers

SuperUser Account
/ Categories: Historical Markers

Andrew J. Palm House

Andrew J. Palm House

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 9316

Year Dedicated:  1978

Marker Size: Medallion & Plate

Andrew J. Palm House Photo Courtesy Williamson Museum

Andrew J. Palm House Photo Courtesy Williamson Museum

Andrew J. Palm House Photo Courtesy Williamson Museum

Andrew J. Palm House Photo Courtesy Williamson Museum

Marker Text: 

With his mother and brothers, Andrew J. Palm (1839-1928) migrated to Texas from Sweden in 1853. They settled about three miles north of Round Rock at Palm Valley, where Palm built this residence about 1873. He purchased the land from Swedish immigration agent S. M. Swenson. Palm hauled cypress and pine from Austin to construct the house. Here he and his wife Carolina (Nelson) (1851-1929) raised their eight children. The structure was moved to Round Rock in 1976.    Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1978

Address: 208 E Main

Primary City: Round Rock

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: none

Latitude: 30.509189
Longitude: -97.677347

Verified Location:  Verified 1/0/2017

Previous Article Andice Baptist Church
Next Article Anti-Slaveholding Union Baptist Cemetery
Print
87