• Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Jesse Cooper House

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 9042

Year Dedicated:  1988

Marker Size: Medallion & Plate

Marker Text: 

Tennessee native Jesse Eugene Cooper (1855-1944) came to Texas in 1876. The following year he helped establish a Georgetown newspaper, the “Williamson County Sun.” In addition to his role as editor, he also founded a local bank and cottonseed oil mill. The C. S. Belford Lumber Co. built this home for Cooper and his second wife, Sara (Wilbarger) (d. 1935), in 1911-12. The American Foursquare design features rustic detailing of native limestone.  Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1988

Address: 255 Wilbarger Point Rd

Primary City: Georgetown

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: none

Longitude: -97.646744

Latitude: 30.642016

Verified Location:  Verified 1/16/2017          NOTE: WCAD R038866      The Snow’s rent a cottage behind house www.vrbo.com/589211