Avery #2 – Rice’s Crossing
Texas Historical Marker: no
- Primary Town: Rices Crossing
- Secondary Town(s): Taylor
- Cemetery Relocated to: no relocation
Historic Texas Cemetery Designation: no
- Williamson County Clerk Instrument Number: unknown
- Williamson Central Appraisal District Property ID: R345097
Mapped per THC coordinates. 2016 WCAD: 15200 block FM 1660, Taylor This cemetery is about a mile from the other Avery Cemetery. This cemetery is nestled in a grove of trees near the SE corner of FM 973 and FM 1660.
In 2018, this cemetery is maintained by the “Cemetery Restoration Volunteers” as one of the abandoned cemeteries maintained on a rotation basis of 19 cemeteries in Williamson County. The volunteers are under the direction of WCHC’s Cemetery Committee Chair, Wayne Ware. In 2019, there are 9 volunteers, using their own equipment. Donations received by WCHC help to defray costs of restoring tombstones.
Location is Approximate (1999 Map Information): (1999 mapped H6) Verified 8/30