What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Brethren

Texas Historical Marker: no

  • Primary Town: Granger
  • Secondary Town(s): none
  • Cemetery Relocated to: no relocation

Historic Texas Cemetery Designation: no

  • Williamson County Clerk Instrument Number: unknown
  • Williamson Central Appraisal District Property ID: R347046

Notes:

On FM 971, R at CR 348, on left side 400 feet S of FM 971.

From www.grangerbrethren.org/cemetery: “Two cemeteries have served as the resting places of a majority of the members of the Granger Brethren Church, the Machu Cemetery & the official church cemetery. The Machu Cemetery preceded the church cemetery by 33 years, having been established 9 years before the congregation itself was organized. On Nov. 17, 1916, the Granger Brethren congregation purchased two acres of land from M. Schramm for the church cemetery. This site is located about a mile east of Granger & adjoins the Catholic Cemetery to the north & the city cemetery to the west.”

Location is Approximate (1999 Map Information): (1999 mapped H3) Verified 10/2

Longitude: -97.42631600

Latitude: 30.71869700