Texas Historical Marker: yes
- Primary Town: Taylor
- Secondary Town(s): none
- Cemetery Relocated to: no relocation
Historic Texas Cemetery Designation: no
- Williamson County Clerk Instrument Number: unknown
- Williamson Central Appraisal District Property ID: R392180
Wilson Springs Photo Courtesy Google Earth 2019
Wilson Spring Cemetery Photo Courtesy Williamson Museum
Mapped per THC coordinates.
2016 WCAD: 2050 blk CR 369, double gate leads to dirt road–Historical Marker is by the gate.
Per historical marker text: Located on land originally granted to George Washington Glasscock, the Wilson Spring Cemetery was established by the family of John S. Wilson, who purchased the land in 1854. His brother, Robert W. Wilson, acquired the land in 1857, & a community which built up in the area of a nearby spring became known as Wilson Spring. John S. Wilson was the first to be buried on the family farm in 1874. The land was formally deeded as a public cemetery in 1899 and serves as the burial place for the Wilson Family and their neighbors. (1988) 18″ x 28″ Official Texas Historical Marker with post
Location: 2.8 miles north of Taylor on Carlos Parker Blvd NW–turning left on CR 369 (Old Georgetown Rd), then continue 0.9 miles left (west) on CR 369 (south side) to cemetery’s double gate.
Location is Approximate (1999 Map Information): (1999 mapped G4) Verified 9/4