What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

A. W. Sillure House

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 9338

Year Dedicated:  1990

Marker Size: Medallion & Plate

Marker Text: 

Built in 1912 for Alexander W. and Eva Sillure, this house is representative of the city’s early 20th-century architectural heritage. Sillure, general manager and vice president of the Belford Lumber Company, personally supervised construction of this house and drew the plans for many other homes built by the company in Georgetown. The Sillure House reflects the American Foursquare and Prairie School styles in its full-width porch and broad eaves.     Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1990

Incised in Base:  Restored in 1987 by Hoy and Connie Rogers

Address: 1414 Ash St

Primary City: Georgetown

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: at E 15th St

Longitude: -97.6734

Latitude: 30.6307

Verified Location:  Verified 1/17/2017 & 2/24/2017