What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Cedar Park Cemetery

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 9041

Year Dedicated:  1989

Marker Size: 18″ x 28″

Marker Text: 

George W. and Harriet Cluck settled in this area with their family in the early 1870s, soon after they returned from a cattle drive on the Chisholm Trail. They built a log home and were instrumental in the community’s development. In 1901, upon the death of their infant grandson, Emmett A. Cluck, the couple set aside land on their farm for a family burial ground. The family graveyard became a community cemetery and was formally deeded as such in 1912. George and Harriet Cluck are buried here, along with many family members and neighbors.  (1989)

Address: 300-398 W Park St

Primary City: Cedar Park

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: in parking lot by stone wall in center

Longitude: -97.8252

Latitude: 30.5088

Verified Location:  Verified 1/17/2017 & 3/2/2017