What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

First National Bank of Bartlett

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 9089

Year Dedicated:  1986

Marker Size: 18″ x 28″

Marker Text: 

Jesse L. Bailey (1848-1926) and his son Charles C. Bailey (1871-1947) opened a private bank in conjunction with a mercantile business in Bartlett in 1898. J. L. Bailey and Son, Bankers, was replaced by the First National Bank of Bartlett in 1900. The institution was located on Clark Street downtown in a building that straddled the Williamson-Bell county line. The bank was granted a state charter in 1968 and was renamed the First Bank and Trust Company. Opening ceremonies were held in the new bank building at S. Dalton and Pietzsch Streets on Sept. 15, 1968.    Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986

Address: 206 S Dalton St

Primary City: Bartlett

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: S Dalton St (SH 95) at E Pietzsch St

Longitude: -97.4263

Latitude: 30.793319

Verified Location:  Verified 1/12/2017 & 2/15/2017