What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hutto Baptist Church

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 9107

Year Dedicated:  1986

Marker Size: 18″ x 28″

Hutto Baptist Church marker located at The Fellowship Church:

Hutto Baptist Church, 208 Farley Street, Hutto where, in 1986, the marker was installed & dedicated:

Marker Text: 

Hutto Baptist Church was formally organized in 1882. Served by ministers Abram Weaver and Joseph Gronde, the congregation met in the local schoolhouse until a sanctuary was constructed in 1883. Destroyed by a storm in 1886, it was rebuilt twice following storm damage in 1895 and 1921. A new facility was built in 1922 on the corner of Main and Farley Streets. A part of Williamson County history for more than 100 years, the congregation of Hutto Baptist Church has been active in both community-oriented and foreign mission projects.    Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986

Address: 6655 US Highway 79

Primary City: Hutto

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: at Toll Road 130 frontage

NOTE:  In 1986 the marker was installed at the Hutto Baptist Church located at 208 Farley Street @ Main in Hutto (30.5439 -97.5483).  In 2017, the church building at 208 Farley Street was being used as a daycare facility, A Mother’s Choice.  The Hutto Baptist Church historical marker was found installed at The Fellowship Church located at the address above and coordinates below.   The daycare staff did not know when the marker was removed.  Correspondence sent to The Fellowship Church was not answered.

Longitude: -97.5812

Latitude: 30.5395

Verified Location:  Verified 1/15/2017 & 3/16/2017 & 6/30/2017