What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

J. A. McDougle Home

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 9297

Year Dedicated:  1975

Marker Size: Medallion & Plate

Marker Text: 

One of the many fine structures erected by C. S. Belford Lumber Co., this house was built in 1895 for grocer J. A. McDougle (d. 1939). The Victorian styling included ornate stained glass windows. The home was bought in 1901 by John R. Allen and in 1910 by W. J. Flanagan, who was county treasurer for several terms. His family lived here until Mr. and Mrs. Halsell P. Armstrong became owners (1945). The property was acquired and restored in 1969 by Neil and Joyce Adams.     Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1975

Address: 1312 S Elm St

Primary City: Georgetown

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: none

Longitude: -97.674319

Latitude: 30.631799

Verified Location:  Verified 1/2/2017