What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leander Schools

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 9288

Year Dedicated:  1986

Marker Size: 18″ x 28″

Marker Text: 

The origin of the Leander school system can be traced to the 1855 school held in Bagdad, the pre-Civil War community that disappeared after Leander was founded along the railroad. In 1893, a free public school opened in the new community. Business leaders organized a high school association in 1899 to furnish support for the educational system. Students began graduating from Leander High School in 1931. Over the years, the schools have grown to accommodate increases in enrollment, while providing a vital service to the community.      Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986

Address: 400-588 Municipal Dr

Primary City: Leander

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: S West Dr (CR 274) at Municipal Dr

Longitude: -97.8545

Latitude: 30.5739

Verified Location:  Verified 1/11/2017 & 3/2/2017