What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Old Georgetown Cemetery

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 14602

Year Dedicated:  1963

Marker Size: Marker laying down on cement slab

 

Marker Text: 

This site on the south bank of the South San Gabriel River, a portion of the land donated by George W. Glasscock in 1848 for the county seat of Williamson County, was used as a burial plot from 1840 to 1902.  Many pioneer citizens lie buried here–many names unknown and graves unmarked. Restoration of “the Old Georgetown Cemetery” was begun in 1963 by the Georgetown Historical Survey Committee with the co-operation of interested people who “did not forget”.      1963

Address: 204-210 Scenic Dr

Primary City: Georgetown

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: MLK at Scenic Dr and Blue Hole Park Rd

Longitude: -97.6823

Latitude: 30.6416

Verified Location:  Verified 9/16/2016 & 5/16/2017