What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Original Home of Adam Lawrence & Sarah Miller Lawrence

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number:  n/a

Year Dedicated:  n/a

Marker Size: Privately funded sign

Marker Text: 

The original home of pioneers Adam Lawrence and Sarah Miller Lawrence is considered one of the first houses built in Eastern Williamson County. Lawrence was a Veteran of the Texas Revolution, rancher and farmer and Indian Fighter. Logs were hauled from Brenham by mules. Construction began in 1835 on the one and one half story, double log, dog-run house. The structure was originally located 1/4 mile north of Lawrence Chapel. In 2013 it was reconstructed on its present site on land donated by Adam Lawrence in 1838.

Address: 2786-2806 CR 473

Primary City: Thrall

Secondary Town(s): Lawrence Chapel

Additional Information: Inside fenced area on Lawrence Chapel Cemetery property

Longitude: -97.2375

Latitude: 30.4885

Verified Location:  Verified 5/7/2017 WCAD R375629