What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Pioneers’ House

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 9323

Year Dedicated:  1970

Marker Size: Medallion & Plate

Marker Text: 

Antedating town of Leander, this place was a 3-day wagon distance from Austin. First two rooms were built (1872) by J. C. and Nancy Bryson, of rock from San Gabriel River and Jenks Branch; hewn cedar logs and shingles from Bastrop area. Had several additions, for family of eight children.     Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1970

Incise in Base:

Restored by Roy and Ann Butler and Sam and Dorothy Winters

Address: 10500 183A Toll Road @ 623-629 E San Gabriel Parkway (CR 274)

Primary City: Leander

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information:  R032212 & R500771

CENTRAL TEXAS REGIONAL MOBILITY AUTHORITY owns property=Deed 2009004964; per 2008 Memorandum of Agreement these 6 acres will be deeded to the City of Leander for preservation of property=Memorandum of Agreement 2009004965. 

The deed transfer was processed November 19, 2019, document 2019114917, Grantor=CENTRAL TEXAS REGIONAL MOBILITY AUTHORITY, Grantee=CITY OF LEANDER.

Longitude: -97.8519

Latitude: 30.5982

Verified Location:  Verified 8/2/2017 & 11/29/2018