What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Site of Neusser (Naizerville)

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 9309

Year Dedicated:  1992

Marker Size: 18″ x 28″

Marker Text: 

Moravian immigrant Johann Neusser came to Texas in 1872 and settled in Fayette County. In 1881, he and a number of fellow immigrants moved their families to this area. The Georgetown and Granger Railroad Company built a line through Neusser’s land in 1890, and soon a general store and dance hall were built on the rail line. Initially surveyed as Keliehor for another area landowner, the community officially was named Neusser in 1892 when a post office was established. The construction of a depot in nearby Granger led to the demise of Neusser by the early 1900s.     (1992)

Address: 8000 block FM 971

Primary City: Granger

Secondary Town(s): Weir

Additional Information: 365′ E of CR 156

Longitude: -97.545105

Latitude: 30.684667

Verified Location:  Verified 1/19/2017