What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Williamson County Courthouse

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 13880

Year Dedicated:  1988

Marker Size: Medallion & Plate

Marker Text: 

Completed in 1911.  This is the fifth courthouse to serve the citizens of Williamson County.  It was designed by the Austin architectural firm of Charles H. Page & Bro.  Although some of the building’s detailing was removed in the 1960s, it remains a fine Classical Revival structure featuring giant order Ionic columns and a copper dome with four-faced clock and a Justice statue.  It serves as a focal point for Georgetown’s town square.     Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1988

Additional Plaque:

Entered in The National Register of Historic Places – 1977

Address: 710 S Main St

Primary City: Georgetown

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: on courthouse grounds, south side

Longitude: -97.677515

Latitude: 30.636787

Verified Location:  Verified 1/16/2017