What
  • Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Where
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Wilson-Leonard Brushy Creek Burial Site

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 13894

Year Dedicated:  1985

Marker Size: 18″ x 28″

Marker Text: 

In this vicinity is a prehistoric archeological site discovered in 1973 by a team of Texas Highway Department archeologists. Scientific excavations have produced evidence that the site was a major camping ground for prehistoric peoples, particularly during the Archaic Period (2,000-8,000 years ago). More than 150 fireplaces, numerous projectile Plainview points, and several types of spear points have been uncovered. In 1982, archeologists discovered the skeleton of a human female, 10,000 to 13,000 years old, that became known as the Leanderthal Lady.    (1985)

Incise at base: 

Sponsored by M Bank Round Rock

Address: 3801-3899 E Whitestone Blvd

Primary City: Cedar Park

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information: E Whitestone Blvd (FM 1431) (3.7 mi E of Hwy 183, at “second” turn onto CR 178 on right)

Longitude: -97.7720

Latitude: 30.5407

Verified Location:  Verified 1/10/2017