• Bridges
  • Cemeteries
  • Historical Markers
  • Oral Histories
  • Towns
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Wilson Spring Cemetery

Texas Historical Commission Marker Number: 15206

Year Dedicated:  1988

Marker Size: 18″ x 28″

Marker Text: 

Located on land originally granted to George Washington Glasscock, the Wilson Spring Cemetery was established by the family of John S. Wilson, who purchased the land in 1854. His brother, Robert W. Wilson, acquired the land in 1857, and a community which built up in the area of a nearby spring became known as Wilson Spring. John S. Wilson was the first to be buried on the family farm in 1874. The land was formally deeded as a public cemetery in 1899 and serves as the burial place for the Wilson Family and their neighbors.   (1988)

Address: 2050 block CR 369

Primary City: Taylor

Secondary Town(s): none

Additional Information:  To reach it from Taylor:  from Lake Drive, turn north on Old Georgetown Road (369) and go 2.8 mi.  Turn left at the site of the old gin and continue to the cemetery on the left.  Double gate leads to dirt road–the Historical Marker is by the gate.

Longitude: -97.46367

Latitude: 30.595637

Verified Location:  Verified 9/4/2016 & 1/16/2017