Bagdad Cemetery Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell March 2017
Click here for Cemeteries in Bagdad
Click here for Historical Markers in Bagdad
Bagdad, early and thriving town, surveyed in 1854, one mile west of Leander, which replaced it when railroad bypassed Bagdad. Bagdad postmasters were Thomas Huddleston (1855), John F. Heinatz (1858), Mrs. Emilie Heinatz (1866), John D. Mason (1867), John F. Heinatz (1876); post office transferred to Leander, October 6, 1882.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973, Fifth printing, 1998).