Photo Courtesy Williamson Museum
Click here to view Cemeteries in Coupland
Click here to view Historical Markers in Coupland
Click here to view Bridges in Coupland
Coupland, named for Theodore Van Buren Coupland, town in south Williamson County created when the railroad built from Taylor to Boggy Tank in 1887. Postmasters were John Goetz, December 28, 1889; William Goetz, 1906; Duncan M. Broach, 1907; John Goetz, Jr., 1909; Harvey L. Copeland [sic] 1911; Oscar P. Spiegelhauer, 1928; William F. Schwenke, 1950.
Coupland had a population in 1998 of 135. The school facility for Coupland’s students has kindergarten through eighth grade, with 108 pupils and 12 teachers. This small school has two computers. In its business community, Coupland has one restaurant, one bed and breakfast, grocers, a service station, and one grocery has been changed to a dance hall. The Depot Museum, with surrounding park area, attracts visitors to town.
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973, Fifth printing, 1998).